Delicious bites of choux pastry filled with sweet cream and topped with a dark chocolate glaze.
Tempting South African Chocolate Eclairs South African Recipes: Eclair is made from a light dough called Choux pastry. The same dough is used in making cream puffs and proﬁteroles. Choux pastry can be used for both sweet and savoury dishes. It is baked until crisp and almost entirely hollow inside as it puffs up to 3-4 times its original size. For a sweet filling, it can be ﬁlled with cream and topped with chocolate.
Indulge in the heavenly delights of Chocolate Eclairs, a delectable pastry treat made from light and airy Choux pastry. These delectable bites are filled with luscious sweet cream and generously topped with a rich dark chocolate glaze. The Choux pastry used in making Eclairs is a versatile dough, also used for cream puffs and profiteroles, and can be adapted for both sweet and savory dishes. When baked, the Choux pastry puffs up to three to four times its original size, resulting in a crisp outer shell and a hollow interior, perfect for holding the delightful cream filling and chocolate topping. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this delightful recipe!
- Chocolate Eclairs
1 Cup Flour, ½ Tsp Salt, 1⅓ Cup Water, 100g Butter, 4 Eggs (lightly beaten), 1 Cup Cream whipped with 2 Tbles Castor Sugar, 1 Cup Heavy Cream, 100g Dark Chocolate
Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare the Choux pastry dough, pipe it into long choux buns, and bake until crisp. Fill the cooled choux buns with sweet whipped cream. Prepare the chocolate glaze by heating heavy cream and mixing it with dark chocolate. Dip the top of each eclair into the chocolate glaze. Enjoy these delightful Chocolate Eclairs!
Ingredients Of South African Recipes: Tempting South African Chocolate Eclairs:
- 1 Cup Flour
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1⅓ Cup Water
- 100gr Butter
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 Cup Cream whipped with 2 Tbles Castor Sugar
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 100gr Dark Chocolate
Instructions Of South African Recipes: Tempting South African Chocolate Eclairs:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl sift the flour and the salt.
- Boil the water in a medium-sized heavy-based pot and add the butter and allow to melt, then increase the heat and boil rapidly.
- Remove from the stove and add all the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pot and has been completely absorbed by the water.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled add the eggs one by one, beating well in between each addition of eggs.
- The mixture should be firm enough for piping.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe long choux buns (about 8cm) on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from the oven and make a small cut on the side of each to release the steam.
- Place back in the oven, with the oven on 140C. and bake for another 5 minutes or until the puffs are dry on the inside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Keep in an airtight container until needed.
- Fill with a sweet cream and coat with the chocolate glaze.
- Place heavy cream in a wide glass bowl. Heat in the microwave on high until steaming, about 1 minute. Add chocolate, and whisk to combine. Let it rest for a few minutes until it reaches a dipping consistency then coat the top each eclair with the chocolate.
FAQ Of South African Recipes: Tempting South African Chocolate Eclairs:
What is Choux pastry, and what other desserts can be made from it?
- Choux pastry is a light and airy dough used to make delightful pastries like Chocolate Eclairs, cream puffs, and profiteroles. It is a versatile dough that can be used for both sweet and savory dishes.
How do I make the Choux pastry for Chocolate Eclairs?
- To make the Choux pastry, boil water and butter in a pot until the butter melts. So Stir in sifted flour and salt until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pot. Let it cool slightly, then beat in the eggs one by one until the mixture is firm enough for piping.
How do I fill the Eclairs with sweet cream?
- The Choux pastry buns are baked and cooled, use a piping bag to fill them with a sweet cream. Made by whipping cream with castor sugar until it reaches a creamy consistency.
What is the chocolate glaze used for the Eclairs?
- The chocolate glaze is a rich and decadent topping made from melted dark chocolate mixed with heated heavy cream. So The Eclairs are dipped into this glaze to add a delicious chocolate layer.
How should I store Chocolate Eclairs?
- Store the filled Chocolate Eclairs in an airtight container until needed. So They are best enjoyed fresh, but you can keep them in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Conclusion Of South African Recipes: Tempting South African Chocolate Eclairs:
In conclusion, Chocolate Eclairs are a delightful treat that brings together the light and airy. So Choux pastry, sweet whipped cream filling, and a decadent dark chocolate glaze. This heavenly combination of flavors and textures is sure to captivate your taste buds and Also leave you craving for more. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or simply looking to indulge in a delectable dessert, this recipe for Chocolate Eclairs is a must-try. So, follow the steps, savor each bite of these delightful pastries, and impress your friends and family with your baking skills! Enjoy the blissful experience of creating and relishing these scrumptious Chocolate Eclairs.
Related Searches Of South African Recipes: Tempting South African Chocolate Eclairs:
#easy eclair recipe
#easy eclair recipe