This Saturday, the Springboks will take on Argentina in the final game of the Rugby Championship at a packed Ellis Park. Kick off is at 5.05pm.
Earlier this year, the internationally acclaimed choir also performed the national anthem at the Hollywoodbets Durban July horse race, while in 2022 they performed an unforgettable rendition of Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika on Youth Day.
Of course, in what was one of the most memorable moments back in 2019, the Ndlovu Youth Choir also turned up at OR Tambo to welcome back the Springboks after they won the last Rugby World Cup, breaking out in song as an ode to a nation’s heroes.
The Ndlovu Youth Choir shot to stardom earlier in 2019 when they competed in America’s Got Talent and finished as runners-up after stealing the hearts of viewers across the globe.
The choir also previously performed the South African national anthem during the Springboks’ battle against the British & Irish Lions in 2021.
ALSO READ: Are these three surprise Springbok World Cup selections?
— Carlos (@_carlocarlo) November 5, 2019
SPRINGBOK RECORD AGAINST ARGENTINA
Played 34; Won 30; Lost 3; Drawn 1; Points for: 1 193, Points against: 657; Tries scored 140, Tries conceded 62; Highest score 73-13; Biggest win 60 points. Win % 88%.
- Eben Etzebeth has played in 19 Tests against the Pumas and becomes the first Springbok to play in 20 Test matches against Argentina.
- Etzebeth will surpass former Springbok captain and hooker John Smit’s 111 Test caps on Saturday, making him the fourth most capped Springbok.
- Malcolm Marx needs one try to equal Schalk Burger’s record of 16 Test tries, the most by a Springbok forward.
- Grant Williams will earn his first Test start.
- The total Test caps for the Springbok starting line-up is 718.
- There are 256 caps in the backline, with 462 caps among the forwards. On the bench there are a further 326 caps.
- The average caps per player in the backline is 36, the forwards 57, while the players on the bench average 40.